Google Search Engine Algorithm Insights
There are many digital marketing opportunities available to businesses in 2018 to experiment with and create new leads. Email marketing, Website Visitor tracking software, Google AdWords, retargeting etc…Are all massively exploitable routes. Alongside these are the powerful emergence of Search Engine Optimisation.
Constructing a wonderfully functional website with creative, appropriate and strong quality content is a challenging task. Even more challenging is getting it into view of others and ranking high up in the various search engines.
The only way which the hard work you have put into the website will be paid off is when the website gets an excessive number of views.
The more improved the ranking of the website in the search engine, the greater the potential volume of views and shares will become. Therefore impacting significantly on your businesses awareness, visibility, lead generation, sales and ultimately business growth.
Once the site achieves a respectable position in the search engine, the task to defend the position or to improve the ranking role comes into question.
Because there is so often vast amounts of competition, it’s important to keep on top of your business competitors and sustain the position or come up with new ways to keep ahead of the game.
A few general factors that will help improve the website or contents position in search engine are listed below:
- Engaging Content: The content provided on the site should be engaging so that the reader’s interest is maintained. Good content has got the maximum probability to be liked, shared or viewed and will not bounce. It will entice and encourage further activity via a call to action.
- Up-to-date Information: The content on the website has to be up-to-date and accurate. The site can be updated on a regular basis to eradicate the common mistakes. Continuous updating of content also maintains the content freshness and updated content quality.
- High speed of the Website: To ensure the interest of the viewers visiting the website, it should be kept in mind that the functioning of the website should be smooth and of high speed. Interruptions can cause the visitors to lose interest.
There are many such ways that can be pointed out in order to improve the position of a website in search engine result page.
After the website has been updated, content is also of good quality and is engaging, the speed of the website is also up to the mark, now it’s the time for Google’s algorithms to start it’s role in helping improve your business Search Engine Optimization.
Google Algorithms To Help Improve Your SEO
The Google algorithm provides us an overview of the how our website is actually ranking in the search engine. It tells us about the quality of our content (Google hates and penalises low quality / spam / clickbait content), and the authority of our site.
But one should be aware of the fact that the Google Algorithms keep changing and updating over a certain period of time – it may be monthly, yearly or sometimes it’s updated weekly too. So you should always be ready to adapt and prepare yourself with its changes and frequent updation.
However, most people find it irritating but on the other side there are some people who even find it challenging and exciting. So I would suggest you should also accept to indulge yourself with the changes and adaptations of the Google Algorithms.
When the algorithms are updated, there are chances that your website’s ranking might drop or rise temporarily. SEO is always subject to fluctuation – it is simply the nature of the beast.
Here we will see five Google Algorithms that you must consider to improve your SEO.
- Hummingbird: The tool designed by the Google is in use since September 2013. It has been designed to focus on how precise and natural is the meaning behind each and every word. Hummingbird intents to focus on every word, spelling, meaning, sentence formation rather than focusing only on the word.
This tool helps in a better formation of the sentence that can create a lasting impact on the viewers and hence make the sentence formation powerful.
- Google Panda: Google Panda is an algorithm which assigns a quality mapping to the content web pages. It has been in use since Feb 2011. With this algorithm, the pages with low content quality are mapped below and the content with good and fresh quality is mapped over the top.
The algorithm helps the engine optimisation with intellectual content with no repetitive lines or copied contents. The utilisation of keywords plays the vital role in making the content stand out and highlighting the contents.
- Google Pirate: This was designed in August 2012 to prevent the copyright infringement from ranking well in Google. Mostly the well-known websites are affected by this as their content are made available at lower cost or for free. This affects the business of well-known sites on a very large scale. But Google Pirate has made that easy by ranking these sites in lower possible rankings and hence giving priority to the original ones.
- Google Mobile: Google’s mobile algorithm is one of the interesting ones introduced in April 2015. It helps the sites with mobile-friendly links or pages to rank at the top of the mobile search making visitors as well as the sites beneficial to each other. Now since in this world where technology plays the vital role and everyone uses the shortcut method by using mobile phones, this algorithm plays a hugely important role.
- Google RankBrain: We can say that Google RankBrain acts like an artificial brain for Google. Launched recently in March 2017, it helps in understanding the queries behind the searches and gives the best possible results over the top. We can say that it identifies the relevant words and provides the best search result.
This gives us the view that the content written could be an easy, understandable language so that visitor finds interest in the content. While searching, the words used can be visitor friendly as a result of which one can gain maximum likes or shares.
With this, we conclude that Google algorithm does help in improving SEO but the fruitful results can take a couple of months. So one should not be demotivated, as its a level by level process that gives positive results after completion of each stage and this requires a patience.
I am a content writer at Whoisvisiting.com, whilst also involved in marketing activities including email, social and SEO – I have various experience in sales and marketing environments, working for startup companies and in the PR industry.