As E-commerce business is increasing rapidly, every entrepreneur wants to build his/her online storefront to boost his business. When you take the risk and decide to enter into today’s highly competitive E-commerce business, you have to plan, schedule and check a lot of things in advance. It helps you to launch and operate your E-commerce site successfully & keeps you away from future disappointment.
So, before starting your E-commerce site, you should walk through the following checklist to give your potential customers a pleasant shopping experience on your site:
- Select Products/Services You Want To Sell
At first, you should choose the products and services you want to sell on your E-commerce site. Ideally, you must select those products which are frequently bought by people through E-commerce sites. It helps you to increase the conversion rate of your store. You need to explore a wholesale market from where you can purchase products at lower price tags and can sell on your site.
- Choose An E-Commerce Platform
Because of the availability of numerous E-commerce platforms, entrepreneurs always remain in an indecisive mode as to which E-commerce platform they should choose for building their E-stores. While choosing a right E-commerce platform, you should consider the following points-
- Website scalability features,
- Integration with other platforms,
- Ease of use,
- Availability of features and Add-ons,
- Seamless checkout,
- Support for all leading payment gateways
- Security features,
- Analytical support,
- Availability of mobile shopping cart, etc.
All these points help you choose the right E-commerce platform. You can select any E-commerce platform as per your needs and budget. But, if you want to run a fully-fledged E-commerce website, you should go for Magento. It’s an amazing E-commerce platform that allows you to gain full control over your E-commerce website and scale your site easily when your E-commerce business grows.
- Choose an appropriate domain name
It is very important for you to choose a unique domain name for your E-commerce business as it should sound professional and must reflect your core business activities prominently. There are several domain extensions such as .com, .net, .org, .edu, etc.
First of all, you should try to book .com domain as it is used commonly in the digital landscape. If you fail to register your site’s domain with .com extension, you can try other options. Your site’s domain name should be-
- Easy to remember and recognize and
- Should have no hyphens and numbers.
- Be careful while choosing the hosting plan
Choosing a reliable hosting service provider for your E-commerce site can be a daunting task for you on account of the availability of different hosting plans such as dedicated hosting, cloud hosting, VPN, shared hosting, etc.
You should look inquire about the uptime, support, security features, and performance of the server when you choose a hosting plan for your site. If you are about to launch an E-commerce site based on Magento, it would be beneficial for you to select a reliable hosting plan for your website. It will make your E-commerce site fast, ensure its maximum uptime, and keep it safe from various online security breaches.
- Test and correct website design
Web designer and developers spend several hours to create unique and appealing E-commerce websites. However, you shouldn’t be lazy at all. Just check your website design and structure yourself, find out the possible shortcomings, and get it fixed from web designers/developers.
As your first impression is the last impression, this necessary step is mandatory to make your E-commerce site successful. You should check the following elements:
- Neat and clean website design,
- Perfect coding,
- Clearly visible Call to action buttons on every products page,
- Smooth navigation, hassle free checkout, product search feature, price comparison features, and related product’s display,
- Availability of security certificate and payment gateways,
- Site’s loading speed, responsiveness to mobile devices, and compatibility with various web browsers.
- Redirections, links to external websites, the exact status of plugins and extensions, etc.
- Content Arrangement
It is the content which helps E-commerce website operators to find a better place on search engines, attract visitors and persuade them for online shopping. For this, they need to arrange and present the content on their sites in a professional way. Before launching your site, you should have a look at your site’s content and ensure that:
- All product pages on your site have unique titles, descriptions, HD images, and product reviews (if given by the shoppers),
- You have added Email marketing tools to your site. For example- If you have Magento site, then you should use Magento extensions for Email marketing,
- Popups, RSS feeds and subscription options,
- A corporate blog with up-to-date and user-friendly content,
- No 404 pages,
- Content that creates urgency and
- Relevant audio and video content for important products.
- Product delivery Management
In order to make your E-commerce business successful, you should have enough infrastructure to process the thousands of orders of customers in time and deliver them to their specified addresses.
Therefore, you should have experienced and well-trained Product managers, delivery boys, supporting staff, tracking system, etc, to ensure the timely delivery of the purchased products to customers. You should also know how to deal with issues relevant raised by customers related to the product’s shipping.
Once you complete the above-mentioned parameters, your E-commerce website is ready to be launched. Just make it live on the World Wide Web and open it for potential online shoppers.
Linda is a web developer which provides the best magento development companies and lot more. She loves sharing and playing with web designing & coding. She professionally associated with Bestdesign2themes.